Our goals define who we are, whether it be archery or architecture. How we set and make our goals is crucial to our success. There are well set goals and half baked ones, what separates the good from the bad is the planning process. The key to a good goal is all about intention, we think to ourselves "What do I want?". That's it, from there we set a timeline, and a method, but a smart goal is all about a good foundation.
I have always loved dreaming about the next big project. The sub that can mine at the bottom of the sea. Giant towers acting as greenhouses in the arctic. Obviously, they are a little far fetched, but I always loved those ideas the best. As I've grown my intentions have stayed the same, create something cool, but useful. I realized that I have no idea how to achieve this. In short, I need help. I always wondered what engineering was really like. I had these romantic images in my head of a person sitting at their desk, eyes weary from sleep deprivation. Trying to draw something truly inspiring, not for a deadline, but to bring a dream into a reality. It shows a type of dedication that can only be expressed as love. And I want to do what I love.
But even the best intentions can get you nowhere. All the dreaming in the world will get you nowhere if you cannot apply it to real life. I intend to learn all I can about engineering, I feel that it's what I want to do in life. I intend to learn what it takes to be an engineer. And I intend to succeed. I have all these great ideas swirling in my mind, but bringing them to life is a skill I do not have.
-Opportunity is the chance to turn a dream into reality.
Matt
I believe that you have what it takes to make a great engineer. With your dedication and hard work, you will be able to reach new heights! I cannot wait to see what cool things you invent... looking forward to hearing about your patent!
ReplyDelete